Treatment in the time of the Covid-19 Pandemic:
Why get treatment now? Taking effective action is very empowering to the immune system! Now more than ever, acupuncture is a powerful tool for you to stay healthy. Because acupuncture is a holistic medicine, it helps by keeping your energy flowing well and all your systems balanced. This is one of the smartest things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones.
• Strengthen the body's ability to fight off all kinds of pathogens.
• Help you to recover more quickly if you do get sick.
• Bring much needed relief to the mind.
• Help you relax and feel more optimistic about life.
• Help you think more clearly and make better decisions.
• Offer a constructive way to protect yourself and your loved ones by keeping healthy and strong.
• Has always used proper cleaning and sanitizing measures for patient safety.
• Is now even cleaner and more obsessively sanitized between patients.
• All touched surfaces such as faucets, chairs, handles, and door knobs are sanitized between patients.
• All practitioners wear a mask in the office at all times. I wear cloth or surgical masks, rather than N95 masks, which are in short supply and needed for front line critical care.
• Rooms are empty for 30 minutes between each use with the HEPA purifier running full blast to clean the air.
• The treatment tables are wiped down thoroughly with disinfectant between patients. No linens or blankets are used. I am using a heat lamp to keep patients warm during treatment.
• As always, a HEPA air purifier is running in the treatment room at all times.
• As always, my hands are washed thoroughly between patients and procedures.
What to expect when you visit:
• Patients are required to wear a mask in all common areas of the office. Patient masks may be removed during treatment if necessary to treat areas on the face.
• If you don't have a mask, I will provide you with one.
• Please wait in your car until it’s time for your appointment to avoid contact with others in the waiting area.
• Upon arrival, please use the hand sanitizer provided on the desk in the waiting area.
Given that some of you would like some support, and prefer not to come in for treatment at this time, I am offering video sessions and herbal consultations via Zoom video.
• New and established patients who are higher risk for immunity.
• Patients who already take herbs and require a modification or a new prescription.
• Those who are interested in using holistic medicine to strengthen their health or address health concerns while staying home.
• Prescribe herbs, update or refill your herbal prescription.
• Lead you through acupressure on the points I would normally use in your session for acupuncture.
• Offer guided meditation, breathing exercises, and qigong exercises (breath and movement).
• Provide links to videos for qigong, meditation, and breathing exercises.
• Discuss lifestyle choices in a therapeutic conversation.
Not sure if telemedicine is right for you? I offer a complementary first 20 minute session so we can get know each other and find the right treatment option for you.